31. desember 2014

Happy new year! - Snowflake pattern

I wanted to give the readers of my blog a little present... a snowflake pattern made by me :) I hope you like it but it's my first attempt to design a crochet snowflake pattern. I have been crocheting so many of Deborah Atkinson beautiful snowflakes that I wanted to try for myself. I was inspired by a one I made with Hama beads a while ago when I was beading with my nieces :)

Crochet snowflake - free pattern

A new year snowflake
Materials:
1,5 mm hook,
size 10 crochet yarn

size: approximately 12 cm from point to point.

Abbreviations (US terms):
ch = chain,
sl st = slip stitch,
sc = single crochet,
dc = double crochet,
rnd = round,
( ) x = how many times you do what parentheses contains,
tri-picot = ch 2, (ch 2, sl st in 2nd ch from hook) x 3, sl st in next 2 ch.

Instructions:
Round 1: ch 6, sl st into 1st ch.

Round 2: ch 3 (counts as dc), * ch 1, tri-picot, dc into ring, repeat from * 5 times more, omitting last dc of final repeat, sl st in 3rd ch of starting ch 3 (total 6 tri-picots).

Round 3: ch 3 (counts as dc), * bigger arm made: ch 4, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, ch 6, sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in next 2 ch, tri-picot, (worked back down arm) ch 4, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, ch 4, sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in next 2 ch,  sl st in next ch below, ch 2, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, ch 1, sl st in 2nd ch (of 3) between the two picots (upper diamond made), ch 3, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, ch 2, sl st in top of dc made (lower diamond made), smaller arm made: ch 4, tri-picot, ch 4, dc into next dc from previous rnd, repeat from * 5 times more, omitting last dc of final repeat, sl st in 3rd ch of starting ch 3 which is where the first arm begins (total 6 bigger arms and 6 smaller ones). Bind off and weave in ends.

Stiff and block your snowflake, I used sugar water (50/50 sugar and boiling water). I think templates are necessary so your snowflake will be straight. I used a 6 arm template and I think it’s best to start in the middle and work from there. I think it's good to pin the star before starting on the bigger arms.

© Ólöf Lilja Eyþórsdóttir - you may not copy this pattern in any way (for example translating) without my permission.

Here is a link to the pattern for those who are using Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/new-year-snowflake

2 comments:

Snowcatcher sagði...

This is so beautiful!!! You did a GREAT job!

Unknown sagði...

Really pretty. I like the way it forms diamonds. Thank you so much.

Skrifa ummæli